Thursday 28 April 2016

Transformers: Age of Extinction Review - Alex

Hey I'm Alex and for today's daily blog post I will be reviewing the movie; Transformers: Age of Extinction, directed by Michael Bay. Transformers: Age of Extinction is the fourth instalment of the transformer saga and was released in late June 2014.

I watched this film in the Imax cinema shortly after it was released for the enhanced viewing experience and further enjoy the special effects, sounds effects, cgi and action. The Transformer films are centred around action as the plot of the movies' is mediocre and quite weak for this one especially. But I doubt anyone watches these films for the plot or story, but simply for the action and fight scenes that are undeniably the reason of this series' success.

However that being said this movie went for just too long in my opinion, it was roughly 3 hours (2 hours 45 minutes) of non stop action, excessive and inane dialogue and in general just a mess. Yet still making it as their 'least terrible' instalment of the series' in the eyes of some.

Things I liked about this movie; the antagonist 'Lockdown' was really the only thing in the movie I liked and I regard as their best villain to date and was a refreshing change from the recycled 'Megatron' who was still technically in the film but re-introduced as the changed character 'Galvatron.' Unfortunately it does not look like Lockdown will be making another appearance in the likely chance of a 5th Transformers film due to him being defeated by the overpowered character 'Optimus Prime.'



Transformers: Age of Extinction had too much senseless action and began introducing pointless characters past the 2 hour mark. I remember being relieved when the film did finally come to an end after excessive hours of explosions and robot dinosaurs. I am not the only one dissatisfied with this movie as it was smashed with 18% by Rotten Tomatoes and 32% by Metacritic. I give it 6/10 mostly for the half-decent antagonist (Lockdown) introduction that was the superior scene of the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment