Saturday 30 April 2016

Step Brothers - Ben's Review

Step Brothers is another immature type of comedy film and another one of my favourites. You guessed right, that's Will Ferrell again. He always takes part in these kinds of films and it just tends to work.

It was released in 2008, and is about two grown men (Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly) who behave like children and are forced to live together as their originally divorced parents start a relationship with each other.


The childish antics from the two and classic acting by them is what sells it for me; it is another one of those films where the plot is only made for the sake of the few jokes thrown in along the way.
It scored some average reviews by critics, with a 6.9/10 from IMDb, and a 55% from Rotten Tomatoes.

I can see the criticism for the film due to its immature manner and lacking of depth, but once again the comedy was too rich for me at the time and I still view it with rose tinted glasses, so I would give it a solid 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment